Here are some reasons to choose us for your journey in Nepal
- Woman Owned: We are a majority women-owned travel agency. We carefully build trips geared for women, including group yoga treks with other women. Trips for women are led by Nepali women with a passion for travel.
- Profit-Sharing: We believe deeply in equality and respect. We do not want to profit at the expense of those who work with us, but prosper together. With a profit-sharing model, we treat our guides, yoga teachers, community members and others as equal partners in our business.
- Community Linkages: We worked as consultants in the development and conservation sector for over 10 years before pouring our passion into Maya Journeys, and have taken time to ensure our experiences benefit the local community. Whenever possible, we work with businesses run by changemakers, conservationists and development champions. When you travel with us, you will be supporting their important work by default.
- Knowing the Best: We have been based in Nepal for 7 years now, and know the best places to stay, eat, best things to do, and can make sure you experience the best that our country has to offer.
- Big Dreams: We have big dreams of empowering young women around the country by helping them succeed in the tourism sector, and thereby become economically independent. The bigger we get, the more we plan to do towards achieving this ultimate dream.